It was a little bit of a buzz kill because the shipment came from California. And since I live about as far away from Los Angeles as one can get I saw all of the posts from the other "Glammies," including pictures and descriptions of the contents.
So, the samples were not that big of a surprise.
I will go ahead and post my items and my thoughts, anyway.
The contents of the Glam Bag were:
- X Out Shine control: Stay flawless and shine free with this oil-free moisturizer with a mattifying complex.
- NYS Roll-On Shimmer: NYX's brand new, intensely rich, shimmering powder that can be applied to the eyes, face and body.
- Premier Dead Sea Cinderella Mask: Luxury skincare rich in life-enhancing minerals from the Dead Sea waters.
- NuMe Professional Styling Tools and Hair Extensions, 100$ gift Card: revolutionize your everyday look.
- Freeman Facial Mask Sachets/Pineapple or Goji Berry: Turn your date night prep-time into a soothing spa experience with easy-to-use skin-perfecting masks.
- There was a chocolate sample, but my husband got to it and ate it before I could take this picture.
Like Birchbox this month, this bag was geared toward a younger demographic. I am hoping that this isn't the norm and that the samples get better.
I don't get zits, I rarely use masks (perhaps I should) and at 30-something, I feel uncomfortable walking around looking roller-derby-ish in the broad daylight. And even if I did go out for a drink at a bar (which I don't, ever), it wouldn't be the sort of bar where glitter is required.
I MIGHT use the $100 NuMe gift card, even though most of the NuMe's items are WELL over $100. I need to start curling my hair again...or at least making some sort of effort. I'm starting to look like a hag. I get highlights about every four months so it looks like I am trying. Sort of.
I wish that these companies (MyGlam and Birchbox) would have an over-30 option to choose.
I DID receive an email this week from Birchbox asking if I would be interested in the Teen Vogue box in March. Um, no. I appreciate that they asked instead of just sending it to me.
I'm giving each of these companies three more months. It is only $10 a month for each, though...which is about four Venti Lattes a month.