Both are $10.00. This includes shipping.
The premise for these services, I suppose, is to ship beauty samples out to potential customers so they can try the products. I just thought it would be an inexpensive little treat each month to anticipate and if I found something interesting, it would be a bonus.
My first Birchbox arrived today.
The contents and descriptions were:
- Benta Berry/G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream: This French skincare line is brand-new to the U.S. Try their all-natural moisturizer, which regulates oil levels and keeps skin matte, full-size $22.
- Eye Rock/Designer Liner: Stop wrestling with the liquid liner and achieve a perfect cat eye with these single-use stick on liner strips. 2 packs of 4, $13.
- Juicy Couture/Viva La Juicy: This scent will bring out your inner girly girl Wild berries flirt with mandarin and soft floral notes to create a fragrance that's fun and happy. Full-size, $69-$89.
- Juice Beauty/Blemish Clearing Serum: Pesky zits are no match for this high-performing serum. Salicylic acid purges pores, while organic botanicals purify skin. Full-seze, $29.
- Lifestyle Extra: Chuao Chocolatier/ Spicy Maya ChocoPod: Spicy and sweet, these artisanal dark chocolate treats are laced with chile and cayenne pepper. Full-size, $6
- Birchbox Digital Download: Six free tunes from Green River Ordinance, an indie rock band poised to ht the spotlight.
Upon first glance, the kit looks as if it is geared toward someone younger than myself. The cat eye strips seem to be a very young product...a la Nicki Minaj-ish. Not my look. At all.
The Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum is something I may use, although I don't really get pimples anymore. I might give it to my husband, who is a greaseball.
The Benta Berry Moisturizer appears to be something for oilier skin....it might work during Florida summers when my skin gets shinier.
I always like perfume samples.
Music download...I'll check them out.
I know that some people have said the Birchbox is getting a little chintzier, but I am holding out judgement until I have received a few boxes.
I'm looking forward to the MyGlam shipment. One of the contributors to MyGlam is Michelle Phan. Although she is young, I like her fun tutorials on YouTube.
I will keep you posted on the shipments/products. Oh, and if you sign up for either of these, let me know. I think I get credit of some sort for referrals.
This will be a fun little diversion for me.