Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Putting in Edging and Moving Maman Cochet, Cl.

Our work continues in the garden! 

Chris has been working hard putting in edging.  It is amazing what a difference that a little detail like this can make.

I had to make some changes, though.

We had some very heavy rain last weekend and my Maman Cochet, Cl. rose bush fell over.

It made me really sad...but I cut it down and moved it to a better place.   It pained me, however, to cut it down when it was full of so many buds and flowers.

I admit that the current space was a difficult place for this particular rosebush, though.   It was continually striving to be so much more spectacular than that space would allow.   And Chris was really unhappy with having to mow around it with its brutal thorns.   Maman Cochet has some crazy mean claws!

So, she has been moved to the south side of the house...against a wall where she can grow till her heart is content!

Maman Cochet, Cl. before it fell :(

Maman Cochet, Cl. Before


Maman Cochet, Cl. After.  :(
I moved a more manageable hibiscus plant to the space.  
Chris is working hard at making the south flower bed larger
and getting it ready to put the edging in.  

Chris is working hard at making the south flower bed larger 
and getting it ready to put the edging in. 
The large rosebush in front of him is General Schablikine: 
one of my favorite purchases from Rose Petals Nursery!  
It's always super healthy. 

Before stone edging.
After stone edging.  



After stone edging.


After stone edging.

The trumpet plant froze and I cut it back again.
 I will take another picture of it in a month or so and it will easily be 10' tall.




A pretty chime I found at Ross for little $.  

I found this rain chain at Ross yesterday.
I love Ross for garden stuff!
 I think this is a more decorative than functional rain chain, however,
so I put it somewhere where it would not get too much action.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog!  

No comments: