Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 2012 Birchbox/Etsy Shop

I received an email that my Birchbox had shipped earlier this week, and I waited.  And waited.  It took a while to arrive, but I am really happy with this month's box.

Unlike last month ~ which was full of things that I probably wouldn't use ~ this month's box is full of awesome things that I love.

Here is the list from the card insert:

~  Color Club/ Nail Lacquer in Age of Aquarius:  Brighten blah nails with on-trend, '60's inspired green polish.

~ Harvey Prince/ Ageless: Most scents just smell pretty, but this one is designed to make you feel more youthful - high-tech, no?

~ Lulu Organics/ Lavender and Clary Sage Hair Powder:  Revive flat locks by sprinkling this lavender-scented organic dry shampoo onto your roots.

~ One Love Organics/ Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm:  This all-natural two-in-one cleanser and mosturizer is completely free of fillers, which means it's extra concentrated and extra effective.

~ Supergoop/Sunscreen Swipe:  Shield yourself from harmful UV rays anywhere you go with these portable wipes - they're soaked with an award-winning, skin-safe sunscreen formula.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA:
~ Tea Forte/Skin-Smart Teas:  AN antioxidant tea that tastes amazing and helps our skin look more radiant?  Yes, please.

I use regular powder on my hair because I am a lazy ass on some days.  I am happy that there is actually a dry shampoo out there that will probably do the job better than regular cornstarch.  I like the powder, the nail polish (will prob just do my toes, since dishes and playing guitar is hard on fingernails...), the perfume, the sunblock.  I pretty much like everything.

And speaking of liking things from BirchBox/MyGlam , I am loving a leave-in conditioner that I received in this month's Glam Bag.  It is the Keratase KeraColor Color Enhancing Leave-in Treatment.   The full size is almost 30.00 on special, with free shipping.  It comes in all colors for different hair... 

I also set up a shop on Etsy to sell some paintings.  

I was working with oil, but for the sake of ease  and of drying time,  I am going to paint with acrylics.  

I had no idea how much to charge for anything, but I made a general guess and hope it works out.

These are the two paintings I am selling....I'm painting them to order and each one will be different, but with the same, general concept.


It's a leap of faith...something I am not very good at.   What is the most difficult for me is that there is a possibility of  someone being critical.  

But as my husband pointed out, I shouldn't NOT do something that I want to try out of fear of having my feelings hurt.  It actually doesn't make much sense.

I'll let you know how things go.  :)

No comments: